Friday, April 17, 2015

P is for Paint

I'm hanging in there with the annual A-to-Z Blogging Challenge. For more information on the challenge and its creator visit:   http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com.

If you're just tuning in to my A to Z posts, I'm blogging about my home renovation. It wasn't easy.

I'm a pretty lousy decision maker. One of the most difficult things for me was choosing paint colors. I knew what I liked, but I sure didn't know how to pull it all together.

I go from one extreme to the other. I either like extremely neutral colors, or outrageously bold. 

You probably know that paint doesn't look the same on the wall as it does on that little square of paper. Visualizing how a room will look with green walls ... or blue ... or yellow is beyond my capabilities. I wanted to say, "Paint the walls, then I'll tell you if I like it!"

Painting a wall is a lot like cutting hair. Hair grows back and you can paint over the wall. With paint, there's always a do over!



2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've done some painting in my life. Always hated it.

Anonymous said...

I did some painting last fall. It's true. You can always go back and change it.

It can really cheer you up, too. I was feeling a little down, and hated walking into that room. It wasn't the color. It was just all wore out. I got lucky and found the same shade, and after just one coat is felt so clean and new!