Saturday, March 31, 2012

ACCLIMATE

ac·cli·mate
To accustom or become accustomed to a new environment or situation.
_______

I'm participating in the A-Z Challenge this year. Starting on April 1st I'll be blogging an entire alphabet of things during the month.
What was I thinking!?
Actually, I was thinking it might challenge me to stretch my imagination, write daily and create a habit.  Next year, maybe I'll create a theme like the more experienced A to Z bloggers do.

Downtown OKC is under construction. Merchants and shoppers (as well as those who work downtown) have to acclimate to the dust, the horrible traffic, detours and sometimes little or no business. I feel like my life is under construction. So, as I become acclimated to living in Oklahoma, my new surroundings among other things, I'll also acclimate to a new writing regimen. Being in a new place is like a do-over, a fresh start--a new beginning. Let's see what happens.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Life under construction. Guess that's kinda true for us all.

Tracy said...

UGH, it isn't fun acclimating all the time...we do it at times without question but when it gets drawn out-that is not fun!
Great 'A' Word!

Bethie said...

Don't acclimate yourself so much you forget your Louisiana friends! I'm glad to see you on the challenge.

Empty Nester said...

I tried this last year and made it so I'm sure you'll do fine! This year I'm trying a theme but have no idea how long that will last. LOL I liked your 'A' post very much.

Unknown said...

We're perpetually acclimatizing to life---cool post.

Look forward to your challenge posts!

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Unknown said...

We recently relocated to NC and although I haven't completely acclimated I can see a change. The biggest area of change has come with my driving. After years of driving 80 mph in NJ, NY, or PA, I have really slowed down. Why? No one else drives that fast down here in a 45!! LOL!

Good luck acclimating to all the new things going on around you. Good post!