Monday, September 12, 2011

Something to Think About

Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer. ~ Barbara Kingsolver

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. ~ Ernest Hemingway
For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I’m surprised where the journey takes me. ~Jack Dann

The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar and familiar things new. ~Samuel Johnson

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.  ~Sylvia Plath

Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum. ~Graycie Harmon

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I think I like the last quote best!

Jessica Ferguson said...

Charles-I like the last one too. I think it's absolutely without a doubt true. :) And fun.

Pat Carroll Marcantel said...

Ditto.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Stargazer Pat, so good to see you at the poetry reading. I always enjoy talking with you. We need to do lunch again. :)

Kelli Williams Wommack said...

Love these quotes. So true!!!