Friday, October 1, 2010

I LOVE THIS BLOG!

I thought I'd share one of my favorite blogs. I go there every day, even though the blogger only posts about once a week. I wish he'd pep it up some. :) This anonymous man was an editor for more than two decades in the mystery and suspense genre. He decided to make a change so he and a friend started their own publishing company. They have a staff of five. According to him, "Agents don't bother us much because we don't pay six-figure advances."

I love this guy's voice. He says he's devoted to the field and wants to share what he knows, and boy! does he share. Ive started from the very beginning of his blog and read to the present. He's hilarious. I can tell when he's disgusted, when he's sarcastic, when he's frustrated. He's absolutely wonderful! I hope you think so too.

Mr. Anonymous has chosen the pseudonym "Agatho" in honor of Agatha Christie, "often imitated, never equaled," he says. I don't know who he is, but I've spent a considerable amount of time sleuthing and I think I've found his publishing company. I don't want to rat him out here, so, after studying his blog, his likes and dislikes, if you want to submit to his company--or what I think is his company, email me privately and I'll send you his way.

If it turns out that you don't love this blog as much as I do, at least read his last two posts:
What Mystery Has Taught Me and So, What Do We Learn from Bad Books?

Go to Mysterious Matters: Mystery Publishing Demystified

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds well worth checking out. Will do so.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I checked out this blog and will be reading more.