Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bayou Writers' Conference

We're gearing up for our annual Bayou Writers' Group conference in November. Our speakers are Charles McGrew from Brown Street Press; Trent Angers, Acadian House Publishing; crime writer Kathryn Casey and Melanie Rigney, former editor of Writer's Digest. If you want a brochure, I'll mail you one.

Conferences are fun, and necessary for a writer to grow, learn, and make connections. Networking is crucial in this business. I hope everyone plans to attend at least one conference this year.

3 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

I'd love to come to your conference. I had a conflict last year and hated missing it...I heard it was wonderful. Do you have my address?

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Much success to you Jess, I know it will be great.I have a 5 week date in Destin, but I'll be thinking of you.

See ya soon!

Angie said...

Good idea, Jess. I'll have to put the poster on my blog too.