Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Thank you, everyone, who have written to me privately to say you're praying for Eric. It has been a roller coaster ride, highs and lows, for this family. It has been amazing to see God at work. Unfortunately, there are some who can't see God's hand in things, some who see no hope. We should add those people to our prayers. Please go to Angie's blog and leave her an encouraging note. Don't just read her latest post, read all of them, and especially her prayer for Eric. I know she and Bob are completely, emotionally drained but God keeps refilling them with strength and courage.

I want the world to stop. That's the feeling I have. I just want everything to shut down so I can listen and feel and wait and cry and pray. Ever have that feeling? That you just need to stop all movement around you so you can take a breath, get your bearings. That's the way I feel when I think of Eric. That if things would just slow down a moment, if we'd all just hold our breath for just a second, he could catch up, gain ground. I guess that's my own anxiety. Every time I think of Angie and Eric--all the family--I have to beat that lump in my throat away or I'll burst into tears. I can't tell you how much Angie has come to mean to me in the past few days. We've attended writers' meetings together, worked on our conference committee together, had lunch with our 'lunch bunch' every Wednesday for almost a year... but these past thirteen plus days, I've grown to admire and love her, think of her as I would a daughter--or sister.

Please, please visit her blog and offer a prayer or words of encouragement. It would mean so much to all of us. And especially to Eric when he walks out of that hospital. I want him to know how much we've prayed, and how much we care for him and his family. I want him to know that he's one of God's beautiful miracles.

Click HERE for Angie's blog.

1 comment:

Laurie Kolp said...

I am with you all the way...keep checking her blog and praying constantly. Don't know her, but feel her pain, a mother's pain, and want so much for God to work a miracle with Eric. I'm praying. And waiting...and I'll keep checking back.