Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm One Hero Less


Tim Russert
May 7, 1950 - June 13, 2008

My favorite interviewer died today. I enjoyed watching the different expressions on his face. There was joy, honesty, joy, kindness, joy, integrity, joy, goodness, joy, love and joy. And there was respect--no matter who he interviewed.

Barbara Walters has never spoken truer words: "Tim represented the best in journalism..."

I agree and I'll miss him. To me, Tim Russert was a lesson in joy. I feel blessed to have known him--even though it was only through the tube.

2 comments:

Marcia Gruver said...

I agree, Jess. Tim's smiling face will be sorely missed.

Peg Brantley said...

I loved his advice to his son, "Study hard, laugh often, and keep your honor."

He made what for me is the Boring World of Politics, a little bit fun.