Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chicken Soup for the Chocolate Lover's Soul

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketChicken Soup for the Chocolate Lover's Soul should have hit the stands today. What fun to be included in this book. I have to admit I've been trying for years to get accepted into a Chicken Soup book. Being the analyzer that I am, I've taken a hard look at my submissions that were rejected(ignored)and this one that was accepted and here's what I've come up with: my other submissions were painstakingly constructed. With this submission I sat down, whipped it out and sent it on its way. The difference I believe is that The Dud in White was written from the heart and with passion. Too bad I can't sit down and whip out my novels in one passionate moment.

Do you think we sometimes edit the passion out of our books and stories?

If you get a chance, pick up a copy of Chicken Soup for the Chocolate Lover's Soul and read my story.

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations! How super to be included in the book! I'll be looking for it.

And yeah, I think we can edit the breath out of our work sometimes.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wow, congrats! I'll have to make a stop at Barnes and Noble.

Marcia Gruver said...

Wow! Two of my favorite things in the same book: a good friend and chocolate. I can't wait to read it.

Rachel Leigh Smith said...

WTG! This'll be my first Chicken Soup book.

Oh yes, I firmly believe that the passion and soul can be edited out of a work. There is a fine line between polishing and stripping.