Monday, September 3, 2007

Something to Think About

1. Whatever you're writing, is it being written with God's approval?

2. Whatever you're writing, is it being written in His authority?

3. Whatever you're writing, is it being written for God's acclaim?


And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:7

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

If it doesn't glorify God, we shouldn't do it.
Think about it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

Thanks for the reminder, Jess! Now if only everything I did/said/thought was for the glory of God...

Anonymous said...

This post echoes what has been on my mind all week. I'm brainstorming new proposals, and I tend to run in circles when I'm onto something. You've named three filters, and those are the bottom line for me.