Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Picture's Worth How Many Words?

Perusing photographs on iStockphoto.com can entertain me for hours. I've found a couple that might work if and when I decide to have this blog redesigned. I went through hundreds of them, trying to find me or what felt like me. I could change my mind tomorrow. The me tonight may not be the me tomorrow. Make sense? Of course that makes me wonder how long I can live with what I've chosen. I'm an ever-changing me: one day filled with spontaneous confidence and self-importance, and the next day feeling I don't know spit. You see why I need just the right picture? It has to show exactly that... and satisfy each mood.

All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth.
~Richard Avedon

Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts.
~Walker Evans

No comments: