Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On High Alert

American Idol almost "did me in" tonight. Watching the video of Simon and Ryan in Africa, as well as Madonna and the other singers who hugged and loved on those precious children. . . well, let's just say I'm glad I was here by myself because I sobbed. Even now, hours later, thinking about some of the children, some of those we met then learned they died, well, I'm crying all over again.

One little girl told Paula how her mother held three jobs but they still had trouble paying the bills. . . then she put her head down on the table and wept.

Father God, be with that child. Be with her mother. Give them wisdom, strength, courage, and joy that they have each other. And Father, if they don't know you, please send the right person to tell them about you.

I get angry with Hollywood, the glitz and glamour, their lousy movies with sex and foul language, their politics, their materialism, their criticism of Christians, but I will forever remember and thank American Idol for this season of giving back, and getting others to give back. And I shouldn't have to tell you that I'm so proud Elvis was a part of it. :-D

Tonight American Idol broke my heart. . . and it had nothing to do with who was going home.

When he is a witness, whether he has seen or otherwise known, if he does not tell it, then he will bear his guilt. Leviticus 5:1

We saw horrendous heartache and poverty tonight. We have to do something. We have to.

Jesus stopped...and questioned him, "What do you want me to do for you? Luke 18:40-41

Whatever it takes - that's what we need to do. Whatever it takes. We often think that the little bit we do won't even make a dent, but think of the thousands and thousands and thousands of dents that will eventually crush the problem.

For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it shall be measured to you. Matthew 7:2

He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed. Proverbs 19:17

Tonight I thank God for American Idol.

1 comment:

Christa Allan said...

A painful, painful reminder of how much of have to be thankful for every day.