Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sometimes I have to Pinch Myself

Sundays are nice. Being in a church filled with other believers gives me a sense of belonging. I signed up for the Disaster Relief course today. I'll learn how to use a chainsaw and to mud out a house. Ever since I helped hand out food and blankets at the civic center, I've wanted to get involved with Disaster Relief, but just never took the initiative. I've been thinking about signing up for this course for several weeks, but if that little yellow card hadn't been in the bulletin today, I probably wouldn't have done it. We'll have to see where this leads.

I had my Beth Moore class tonight. I told Roseanna I was 11 days into my fasting. She shared some of her techniques: she juices fruit and veggies. She eats a special kind of oatmeal that has a taste and texture to it: McCann's Irish Oatmeal. I'll get some tomorrow. And I guess I should prepare veggies other than potatoes. I still have until the 21st and then my fast will end. I wish I could stay off the carbonated beverages forever. My stomach feels soooo much better without them.

Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary. Time sure flew by fast. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- because it's true: time flies when you're having fun. :)

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie. Stay away from those Scottish women!

No comments: