Thursday, February 8, 2007

Are We There Yet?

My stacked-up, messy office is destroying my creativity. I've decided that's what my problem is. I'm talking real mess here. My bookshelves are filled to capacity--not in a neat manner. Stacks of boxes overflowing with magazines, papers, books--you name it!--block my ability to even reach what's on those shelves. There are two desks, two computers, and a marble top coffee table that supports a six foot tall social studies project that took my daughter to state. I can't bear to part with it. I think when she marries I'll give it to her. She can always re-read her interview with the two psychologists to remind herself that men and women have different ways of communicating. Her project title: The Differences in Male/Female Communication. And there certainly is a difference, but we won't go into that. I love some of her headings:

WHICH ONE OF US IS THE OPPOSITE SEX?
&
DO YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MAN IN CHARGE OR THE WOMEN WHO KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON?

But as I said, we won't go there.
I think I'm gaining the few pounds I've lost on this Daniel fast. Can't imagine why. Surely it's not because I eat constantly: fruit, nuts, brown rice, baked potatoes, pineapple. And drink a big glass of all natural orange juice twice a day. No, that couldn't possibly be it.

I love the Book of John. I can't explain why. John just speaks to me. I like his story telling style, I guess. Jesus and the disciples come alive for me in the Book of John. I find myself thinking of them all through the day.

Well, against my better judgement, I entered the Genesis contest this evening. I should have waited and let Jan, MaryMarc and Lena go over my submission but I didn't. It's gone. Now, I can put it behind me. I'm entertaining a crazy thought of entering another category. Last night I re-read Psalms of the Sisters. It was a finalist a few years ago. On re-reading, I noticed a place where the story really bogged down. I need to revise but I hesitate to take the time. However, if I did take the time to revise, maybe it would once again make the finals. Something to think about.

I wrote a page for Miranda. I suppose a few words at a time is better than nothing. I'd love to really get into the swing of it but I'm not there yet.

Oh, good news! Today, Marilynn Griffith called to tell me that she finally sold Rhythms of Grace. I love that book. I spent a lot of time with those characters when Mary and I were critiquing each other. But she's dividing it into two books. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Oh well, double the pleasure-double the fun. She's a go-getter. Wish some of Mary would rub off on me.

As I said -- Not there yet. Mybe I need a road map. :)

No comments: