Tuesday, December 3, 2013

IWSG: A Blank Mind

 
Today is IWSG day--the first Wednesday of each month. IWSG stands for Insecure Writers Support Group and was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh. You can follow other IWSG members here  and on twitter using the hashtag #IWSG.

Our purpose is to share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds.

But unfortunately, I can't think of one thing to say to you: not one word of encouragement or guidance--no words of wisdom whatsoever. I feel like a blackboard with smears of chalky white. All my ideas and plans have been erased leaving nothing but unidentifiable smudges behind. Ever felt that way?

Obviously, I'm in a funk. Maybe you have a word or two for me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It took me three days to decide what to do my IWSG post on - and it's nothing earth shattering, so I have no idea why it took me so long to come up with it. I bet you're preoccupied with the holidays or other commitments. So much to do...we're all feeling it. January will be better. :-)

Zan Marie said...

Hang in there, Jess! Everything has it's season. {{{hugs}}}}

Charles Gramlich said...

The fog is here too, but school is finishing up so I know things will clarify when I can get a moment to think.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It will pass. Hopefully the Christmas spirit will smack you and bring back the joy.

Nana Prah said...

Yep, been there. This too shall pass. I'm sure by next month you will be full to bursting with words of encouragement from us.

Lynn said...

We all have those funky moments, but you have been such an inspiration to me, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!