Monday, December 16, 2013

From the Slacker ...

It's easy to get out of the habit of blogging. I've really been a slacker, haven't I? In  more ways than one. Hopefully, that will change with the first of the new year. Yes, I'm still alive, and tomorrow I MUST finish up my Christmas shopping--whether I want to or not.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes. Anything here you can relate to?

The author or speaker from whom you learn the most is not the one who teaches you something you didn’t know before, but the one who helps you take a truth with which you have quietly struggled, give it expression, and speak it clearly and boldly. ~Oswald Chambers

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success--but only if you persist.  ~Isaac Asimo

The more we fear starting a project, the more difficult the project becomes in our mind. This is self-defeating. ~Rob Parnell

Sometimes, when it’s going badly, she wonders if what she believes to be a love of the written word is really just a fetish for stationary. The true writer, the born writer, will scribble words on scraps of litter, the back of a bus ticket, on the wall of a cell.   ~David Nicholls

Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it’s the only way you can do anything really good. ~William Faulkner

My Christmas stories are featured on  Pamela Thibodeaux's blog on Tuesday. I hope you'll visit and leave a comment.  
Is everyone ready for Christmas?

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Some fine advice there. I'll check out the stories. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Asimov's quote is the one I identify with most -- but perhaps Parnell's is the quote I need to hear now. Thanks, Jess! :-)

Pat Marcantel said...

You always make me feel better. A lone slacker attracts much guilt. And thanks for the good quotes. A wonderful Christmas to you and yours.
Love, Pat

Lynn said...

What I can relate to is being a slacker! Ha. I think we all have this going on this time of year...