Saturday, October 24, 2009

Update - Golden Triangle Writers Conference

I'm sitting in Rao's Bakery in Beaumont, TX -- surfing and eating Jimmy Dean kolaches. Yum!
I'm in Beaumont for the Golden Triangle Writers Conference--one of my favorites from long ago. As far as conferences, this one is 'home' for me. When I discovered GTWG, and began entering their contests, visiting meetings when I could, and attending their conference each year, my ultimate goals were: to get published and reach a point where I would be invited to speak at a GTWG conference. Well, that day has come. I speak today on nonfiction writing. I'll give an update later. As always, I've met some great people and reunited with old friends. It has been fun to see how far we've all come--and to see that we've grown old together: no one has been left behind. :)

2 comments:

Amy DeTrempe said...

Sounds like a great conference. Have fun!

Christa Allan said...

How did your talk go?