Friday, July 24, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award - What an Honor!

I went to one of my favorite blogsites today--check it out HERE--and saw that I've been awarded the Honest Scrap Award. How cool is that! Thanks Erica!

So the rules of the Honest Scrap award are to reveal Eight Honest Things about me. Okay, but let me warn you that what's honest today might not be honest tomorrow, or next week or next month, but here goes:

1) I'm thirty minutes early every place I go. Really. I hate being late. When I was young--before I could drive--I was late for everything because my mom felt no sense of urgency. Actually, she always tried to do too many things on her way out the door. We missed an entire wedding once; got there just in time for the reception. If you ever invite me to your house, I'll be thirty minutes early and I'll drive around the block until time to knock on your door.

2) I'm addicted to Diet Coke and I don't want to be. Especially since my daughter read Breathers. She hasn't sipped a Diet Coke since. You can read about it HERE.

3) I love the dumb movie Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. Don't ask me why. There's no rhyme or reason to my taste in movies since I also love Hoosiers, The Pelican Brief, The Music Man, Must Love Dogs, You've Got Mail ... but I watch Music and Lyrics a couple of times a month. It's a feel-good movie.

4) I collect cookbooks but don't get a lot of joy out of cooking. I really enjoy reading recipes. Call me weird.

5) I grew up loving dogs. I owned Ricky, Doogan, Hissy and Sissy, Blue, Freckles and Rigger, but once I got older, I got really scared of dogs so I steer clear of them. If you invite me over to your house, I'll ask you if you have a dog. Yep, I'll be that rude. Here's something strange: I love watching dog shows on TV. I think it's really neat how they perform. They look so proud of themselves. :)

6) I love music. Just about any kind. Guess Music and Lyrics proves that, huh?

7) I look forward to seeing American Idol each season, and guess what! Project Runway starts in August. Yippeeee! I wish I could sew. Yes, I took Home Ec and during the sewing portion of it my mother almost disowned me. I sewed the bottom of my dress together. Hopeless...but we own three sewing machines. \o/ I'm a wannabe seamstress. :-D

8) I was a substitute teacher for one day. When the school day ended, I marched to the principal's office and told her to take me off the list. Never again!

Wow! this was so much harder than I thought it would be. My nominees for the Honest Scrap Award are:

Linda

Mindy

Pam

Winona

Debra

6 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks for nominating me -

PamT

Linda Yezak said...

Wow, Jess. Eight honest things? I don't know whether to be honored or to run away screaming! :D

Thanks for nominating me!

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

This is really a challenge. But I accept. I am out of town now but I'll be thinking and checking out the other nominees.

Mindy Blanchard said...

Thanks for nominating me, jess. but I must say...ya'll really don't want to know 8 honest things about me....it may change everything..lol hugs!

Mindy Blanchard said...

Ok Jess, I just spent 35 minutes writing the whole schmeal out...and I appear to be electronically challenged today because its not there. its not in my blog...guess I won't be sharing my goodies..lol

Erica Vetsch said...

Wow, you and I could be sisters!

Must be early, prompt = late in my mind.

I'm addicted to Diet Coke...caffeine free...it must be the bubbles.

I love reading recipes and watching cooking shows, but I don't like to cook.

The Pelican Brief is one of my favorite movies.

I have a reality tv addiction...Survivor, The Mole, etc.

I once sewed the top and bottom of my skirt together in Home Ec.

:D