Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Recall


How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. ~Annie Dillard

Lost, yesterday, somewhere between Sunrise and Sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever. ~Horace Mann

... we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.
~Paul Bowles

No time like the present. ~Mrs. Manley

I tend to take time for granted, even though my days are rushing by with phenomenal speed. I can almost see the calendar pages flipping as they do in those old black and white movies. I can't put time away for future use like I do fine china or monogramed Christmas napkins. Time is now. I want to wear Mrs. Manley's words like a second skin; I want to live them.


No time like the present. No time like the present. No time like the present.

1 comment:

Marcia Gruver said...

Sometimes we need a wakeup call, a tap on the shoulder, a gentle nudge to remind us that life is "even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Thanks for nudging me, sweetie.