Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Don't Worry ~ Be Happy

I've just completed my very first proposal targeting a Christian agent/market. Interesting experience, to say the least. I was challenged when it came to identifying the uniqueness of my book and my marketing plan. I'm not sure how one goes about finding comparison books or the why of comparison books, but I gave it my best shot. How could I not want to mention my name and Terri Blackstock's in the same paragraph? :)

After looking over the 50+ pages--again and again and again, I realized I was stressing. I started asking myself why I was putting myself through such an ordeal when the completed manuscript has already been requested by an editor. Time to back up, pray, ask for guidance. And that's when I remembered why I was preparing a detailed proposal for an agent: I want guidance.

There are a lot of us needing guidance when it comes to our writing. We need to back up and pray. Remember this song? "Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in his wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace."

Worry and stress is of this world. Worry and stress should not be attached to the stories written to glorify His name. Let's turn our eyes toward Jesus and trust Him with our writing future. He's the authority on guidance!

1 comment:

Christa Allan said...

Amen, sister. So proud of you!