Monday, April 30, 2007

What Can You Accomplish in Seven Minutes?

My To Do list seems to be growing instead of shrinking. I keep thinking of things I need to add to it. Out of twelve things to do, I can draw a line through three of them. I'd hoped to accomplish more.

Kathy Peel, from our women's conference, helps women reinvent their lives and schedules to bring order and peace to their families. She sounds like a magician, doesn't she? Kathy suggested we take advantage of seven minutes. Just seven. Okay, so I grab a broom and sweep for seven minutes.
ImageChef.com - Create custom images Who wants to time me? It could work. In fact, it might be a good way to deal with those things I despise: like cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, paying bills. Seven minutes here and seven minutes there will eventually lead to the end. I could try being the 7 minute homemaker. :) Certainly makes more sense than the one minute manager, doesn't it?
I wonder how much I could write in seven minutes.

1 comment:

Melinda S said...

Jess, I like the 7 minute time for chores. When you do it that way it suddenly becomes doable! It could even become a contest with yourself to see how much you can get done in only 7 minutes.

Is the group meeting in Lake Charles this month?

Melinda