Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Grateful Acknowledgments

I lost an earlier entry tonight. My computer froze and I couldn't get in or out so here I am 12:45 with nothing to say. How about some of my favorite quotes?

It is by sitting down to write every morning that one becomes a writer. Those who do not do this remain amateurs. ~Gerald Brenan

That one hits home, doesn't it?

Be careful how quickly you give away your fire. ~ Robert Bly

Sometimes we get so excited about an idea, we can talk it away.

Most of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing. ~Alexander Woollcott

I'll claim that one for sure.

The material's out there, a calm lake waiting for us to dive in.
~Beverly Lowry


Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

Nice thought.

And here's my all-time personal favorite:

If you have a skeleton in your closet, take it out and dance with it.
~Carolyn MacKenzie


These quotes are from a favorite book called Walking on Alligators, A book of meditations for writers by Susan Shaughnessy given to me in July, 1994 by a writer friend in Port Arthur, Texas.

Friends are great. Writer friends are super-great.

1 comment:

Christa Allan said...

You betcha, writer-friend and friend-in-general!
Christa