Saturday, February 3, 2007

Everybody loves a Nut . . . and Brown Rice?

I think I've reached the point where just about anything tastes good to me. Anything, that is, but oatmeal. Even sprinkling pecans or walnuts doesn't help the taste. I need SUGAR! Desperately, I even tried adding a little juice - arghhhhhh! Bad idea. So, no oatmeal for me which means breakfast is a total bust. But oddly, I felt energetic today. Woke up at 5:00 A.M. and couldn't go back to sleep. Read in the book of Luke. I'm saving the last day of Beth Moore for next week. I like to savor her.
Today was the Bayou Writers Meeting from 10-12. Jan went with me. We all went to eat afterwards and while everyone there thinks I'm just trying to eat healthy, I confided to Jan that I'm doing the Daniel fast. I told her that she's the only person in the world who knows that I'm doing it. I don't know if she felt flattered or put-upon. I mean, goodnight, Irene, what a secret! :)
It's very hard to pass up Piccadilly's dessert, but I did. My meal consisted of a pale green salad w/ tomato--no dressing, and some broccoli. Not bad. Tonight, I finished off the brown rice I made yesterday. And yes, I did had some olives. Had to, but I think I could get used to eating brown rice. I think.
This morning, the scales showed that I'd lost four pounds. I've nibbled on so much fruit and nuts today I feel as though I've gained. We'll see in the morning.
Lunch tomorrow will be a challenge. Oh, yeah, I have squash and zucchini in the 'frig. How exciting! Oh, no, how will I get it down without butter and cornbread? I think I'm dwelling too much on food. I'm supposed to be focusing on scripture and my writing. Mmmmm, time to take another look at my goals and my reason behind them.

No comments: