Sunday, February 4, 2007

Day 4 and Hanging In

I really didn't want to get up this morning. Seems like every other morning is difficult. I watched Charles Stanley. He surprised me when he said that many people believe all they have to do is except Jesus into their hearts and that's it - they're saved. He said there's more to it than that. Well, yeah, but according to Scripture, they are saved, and now they need to grow and learn and develop that relationship with Christ.
No breakfast, other than an orange and water and a banana. Not my idea of a great way to start the day but at least my stomach didn't howl and growl in church or Sunday school. In fact, the music was extra good today. At least, for me it was. But there's a problem. Once we get into the spirit of the praise, really feel God's presence and 'communicate' with Him, seems like there should be some kind of 'silence' after the music and before we go into the sermon. We don't even have prayer separating the music from the sermon. Bro. Randy prays earlier. Anyway, just seems like I'm still 'in the spirit' of praise and not ready for the sermon.
Martha and I went to lunch. I'd planned to come home and fix the squash and zucchini but O'Charley's sounded good. I got a side salad--lettuce and tomato--and a side of steamed veggies. Grrrreat! Came home and haven't done much of anything. Had good intentions but my life is nothing but good intentions. And I hate that! I want to be a do-er not a procrastinator.
This is day four. I sure hope I don't get tired of eating nuts.
Tonight was Super Bowl Sunday. Brings some sad memories of our friend Fred. Last year a lot of Jim's Sunday School class went over to Fred's to watch Super Bowl with him. This year, Fred's watching it with Jesus.
The days are passing so fast I can hardly keep up. Makes me realize just how important it is to make use of the short time we have here on earth. I have so many ideas for books but what am I doing about it? Absolutely nothing -- unless you count thinking about them something. Oh well, you know what they say: today is the first day of the rest of my life. And tomorrow when I wake up and lift hands to the ceiling and thank God for another day--if He blesses me with another day-- then it will be the first day of the rest of my life.
But I'm wondering . . . what's for breakfast?

No comments: