Wednesday, September 17, 2014

There's Nothing Like A Wedding

Here it is September 17th. How time flies! I thought I'd be writing up a storm by now, but guess what: we're still involved in the hellacious home renovation. A hot water pipe burst in the slab, flooded our bedroom and the hallway so our new wood laminate floors have been pulled up. Four holes were cut in the walls trying to locate the source of the problem, then holes were cut at the bottom of our new kitchen cabinets so tubes attached to fans could blow the water dry.  My vow was to edit/revise my novel by early November. I'm trying but at a snail's pace. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Let's  focus on something more pleasant, and certainly more beautiful--our daughter's wedding. I'll share some photos with you. As some of you know, it was a "literary" wedding. Every table centerpiece was a stack of three books.

   Guests registered in a wonderful coffee table book called Books Do Decorate a Room. They just turned to their favorite page and signed. Below, you can see the delicious cake and the bride's fancy shoes. She was determined her feet would NOT hurt during the wedding reception! 

 

 
 Her dad shook hands with the groom. The groomsmen looked on. As you can see, daughter had some beautiful bridesmaids. Three of them are best friends from her LSU days--they met her freshman year (2001) and have been BFFs ever since.



And I pray they live happily ever after.

6 comments:

Zan Marie said...

Jess! How beautiful that wedding was and {{{hugs}}} for the horrors of renovation. I know the pain. Keep on plugging, you'll get there.

Unknown said...

What lovely pictures! I love that kind of classy, cozy wedding venue. I wish them the very best. :)

Angie said...

Beautiful photos, Jess. And you look stunning! So sorry about your renovation woes.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Zan Marie- thanks for visiting my blog. Miss our critiques. Hope your novel is going well.

Lexa - Thanks! I bought your book but it's still waiting on my Kindle. :( So sorry--I'm slow!

Angie - Thanks! Come to the November BWG meeting. I'm speaking! Miss you.

Lynn said...

I'm sorry about your home disasters... but the wedding looked beautiful! How nice. Hope you all had a great time! And good luck with the writing!

Lynn said...

I'm sorry about your home disasters... but the wedding looked beautiful! How nice. Hope you all had a great time! And good luck with the writing!