Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is for Travel

Join me as I blog through the alphabet. We post every day in April except Sundays. There are many others participating in the 2014 A to Z Challenge too, which is the brainchild of Arlee Bird at Tossing it Out. I'd like to encourage you to visit their entertaining, informative blogs. I'm amazed at the many talented people who participate in the A to Z Challenge.

Today I've chosen the word TRAVEL, and that would be Travel by car. Trains might be fun too, but I want to travel in  conjunction with writer's conferences.

Hubby and I had planned to attend the Jambalaya Writers' Conference this year but we had a wedding to attend. We also wanted to go to Nashville this August, do a little exploring and attend the Killer Nashville conference. Daughter's wedding is that exact weekend. Something to look forward to in 2015, I guess.

There are a number of mystery conferences across the country. Key West is on our list of places to see. Here's an interesting writer's workshop, though I don't know many of these instructors. I think for me, the Mystery Writers Key West Fest sounds more fun.

There are some wonderful conferences all across the country: Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, New Orleans and Atlanta!

We haven't had a vacation in fourteen years, so Travel with a capital T is definitely on our list of things to do. And when we sit down to make our list of places we want to go, I'll research writers' conferences and plan our trip. Any suggestions?

What's the best conference you've ever attended? Do you vacation every year?

3 comments:

Rachna Chhabria said...

We don't have conferences here in India. The city I live in has started a Literary Festival from the last two years. We get to meet the more famous writers.

Lynn said...

I can't believe you're on T already. Happy traveling - and you'll make one of those conferences some day...

J.H. Moncrieff said...

There are so many places I still want to see in the world, so I'm committed to taking at least one "major" vacation per year. This year I spent three weeks in Bali and Lombok; last year I spent two in Curacao.

My absolute favourite writer's conference so far is in Surrey, British Columbia. If you check it out, let me know. I'll be there this fall!