Thursday, August 30, 2012

Problem: An Unwelcome Situation

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been plagued with email/Internet/FB problems. Seemingly, they have no solutions for me.

I've used AOL as my primary email address since 2001 but suddenly, it doesn't like me anymore so I'm in the process of doing away with it. When you're as techie-ignorant as I am, that's not easy. I can't even speak the Internet lingo so when I have to deal by phone with others who can't speak the lingo I'm in even more trouble. And remember, I'm a packrat, so I have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of saved emails stashed in folders. I hate to lose them.

I'll be away a few more days but hopefully, after Labor Day, I can start posting again on a regular basis.

Of course, I'm presuming I'm missed.

Please say a prayer for those in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama who are losing their homes because of Hurricane Isaac. It seems odd that we're not part of hurricane season this year and that we're watching it play out on TV.

Have a safe Labor Day weekend.

7 comments:

Linda Todd said...

I'll miss you, Jess.

Charles Gramlich said...

Very frustrating. I hope you can get it all straightened out quickly.

LD Masterson said...

It's a nightmare. Best of luck getting back in business.

Unknown said...

Here's a possible solution at least for email. I too had AOL, but I switched to GMail. It's FREE, It's the most secure, it has the largest storage available and best of all, it doesn't doenload junk onto your computer. I lost two laptops using AOL and haven't had any trouble since I switched years ago to GMail.

Have a nice weekend!
Michael

Unknown said...

Jess, feel free to assume you're missed! And not only on this blog.

Lynn said...

Of course you'll be missed and I hope all your computer problems will be solved. Have a great weekend.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Thanks for the comments. It has been frustrating!

Michael, I do have a gmail address but since I've had AOL for so long, I have or had a bond with them. It's a sad day when I'm no longer jessy31writer (at) aol (dot) com. But I'll live through it. :) thanks for your comment.