Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Social Media, Writing & Proofing & Tornadoes!

I’m dragging my feet when it comes to blogging. Sorry. I’ve just completed a great class on Social Media for the Writer taught by  Cindy Carroll. On Cindy’s website bio, she says the only thing she knows is banking and bartending. She’s wrong about that. She knows social media and the ins and outs of it. And she has so much patience; she'd make a great kindergarten teacher! I’ve taken a couple of social media classes and this is the B.E.S.T. best. Cindy didn’t give up on any of us. She worked with us until we “got it.” I highly recommend her to anyone who doesn’t have a handle on how to set up FB pages, Google+, or any of the other sites.

I’m not 100% certain I’ve done any of it right, but I have her fantastic lessons printed and I’ll be reviewing them over and over and over again. In the meantime, if you hang out on FB, then go to my Jessica Roach Ferguson page and LIKE me. It’s a little bare, but eventually, it’ll come together. I hope.

Also, follow me on twitter @jessyferguson and bring me into your circle of friends on Google+. I'm also on LinkedIn under one of those names.

Didn't I tell you I'd be turning over a new leaf in Oklahoma. Reinventing my writer-self.
I’m almost finished with my novella.

I’m proofing a wonderful 400 page novel for a good friend who plans to go POD and eBook with it. I’ll be tooting her horn for her when the time comes.

I read and offered some suggestions on a great short story for another friend about a mountain climber. How in the world she came up with such an idea is amazing to me. I guess my mind just doesn’t think like that. Her characters seem so real, so sad, so alive, so emotionally tortured! I'm SO impressed!

On top of all of this, we’re still dodging tornados: look at the pics I took last night. We went to the closet only once. We heard hail pummel the TV station while our weatherman talked. He's holding hail in his hot little hands! And he's promised MORE tonight.

8 comments:

Li said...

I've followed you here and on twitter, but don't know how to find you on Google + as I haven't used it that much :-)

Jessica Ferguson said...

Li, I THINK I just added you to my circle of writer friends on Google+. :) All of this social media stuff is AMAZING!

Pat Carroll Marcantel said...

Been wondering where you were. Those clouds are ominous AND foreboding!
Glad both of you are okay. Miss you.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Pat, I miss you too. I went to your blogsite -- or rather, your flipcard site and got all wrapped up in some of your posts. Laughed till I cried then cried till I laughed. :) Love your humor and observations.

Pat Carroll Marcantel said...

:>)

LD Masterson said...

Found your FB page nad Liked it. Love the cloud photos.

Unknown said...

No tornadoes! I'm putting a hex on tornadoes in your area. (Does Cajun gris-gris work in OK? We'll find out.) Good for you. You write, girl. I'm so proud of you and your new leaf.

Charles Gramlich said...

I sure wish I could up my social media Q.