Saturday, January 1, 2011

Too Much Too Soon

Oh. My. Goodness. What have I done? I'm getting too busy too fast.

Jan 1 - NovelTrack - write 1200 words a day during the month of January. This challenge is through American Christian Fiction Writers. Today I wrote 1,321 but believe me it was like pulling teeth and I'm not sure what I wrote is salvageable. I had planned to start a new project but at the last minute, decided to complete one of my partials. The book is completely outlined. I thought that might make it easier. Who was I kidding?

Jan 4 - 22: Plotting or Plodding with Gail Gaymer Martin
I have Gail's how-to book and I'm looking forward to the class. I'm a horribly weak plotter.

Jan 7 - Poetry reading. I must be nuts!

Jan 22 - Bird by Bird 1-day Creative NF workshop @ McNeese.
Dr. Delma Porter is presenting this workshop. I have no idea what to expect.

March 1 - 31: MS Word for Writers by Catherine Chant
I'm really computer fuzzy. Probably know just enough to be dangerous so thought this class would give me an opportunity to ask questions if my questions aren't answered.

July 1 - 28: Curing the "What comes after the first 3 chapters" Blues by Beth Daniels
I'm really looking forward to this class! The title says it all. :)

To check out the classes, go HERE

And someone needs to hit me in the head with a STOP sign! or a WRITE sign?

What about you? Are you filling in your 2011 calendar?

6 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Once you do it for a few weeks, 1k a day isn't that bad. Don't worry about what is salvageable and just get it down. It sounds like you're off to a top start. Congrats.

I'm continuing to plug away at a collection of my short stories.

Amy DeTrempe said...

I am amazed at how quickly the first part of the year filled up. I am not sure I will have a break until after Easter. Why do I do this to myself? I need to keep a calendar handy and consult it before I say "sure, I can do that" - lol.

Charles Gramlich said...

Unfortunately, I'm back to school tomorrow and am not looking forward to that drain on my writing time.

Anonymous said...

Bravo.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

I'm not filling my calendar yet well except for the Health and Wellness (spiritual) retreats at the Silver Spur...but I HAVE started writing a new book!

Good luck & God's blessings on all your projects.
PamT

LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby said...

:-) welcome to 2011 Right! :)