Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Writers Writers Everywhere but ...

Every time husband gets a job transfer, I always get online and start tracking down writers. I suppose the normal wife would take a look at housing and shopping, but I check writers and bookstores first, and the front page of the newspaper. Only after exhausting every writing rabbit trail, do I take a look at apartments and malls. See where my priorities are?

Do you know any writers in Mississippi? Specifically, Columbus? You will. Click on the map and to the far east, fourth county down, you'll see Loundes. That will be us.
From checking the yahoo maps, we'll be about two hours from Birmingham where the Southern Magic RWA chapter is. Two hours and 51 minutes from Cullman, Alabama where the Heart of Dixie RWA chapter is. There's also the Magnolia State RWA chapter in Jackson--two hours and 42 minutes away.

We'll be almost 8 hours away from Lake Charles. No running back and forth--the way we do now. We have a lot of decisions to make.

If you know any writers in Columbus, Mississippi or somewhere in that vicinity, share them with me. I'm all ready feeling a little lonely.

I haven't told anyone yet. Guess this might be the official announcement, though everyone knows when you work construction, assignments can change at the drop of a hat. All I really know is ... I'll be almost five hours from Nashville and I WILL be attending the Killer Nashville conference next year. Can't wait! In the meantime, I'm stilll checking out my Sisters In Crime and Kiss of Death chapters. Who knows? I might find a writer-friend yet.

5 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I've moved a lot and never thought to do this! I know a lot of writers out here in Utah but none back there, although I'm sure you will find them!

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

We sure will miss you. When is the move date? Don't leave without saying goodbye! Maybe you'll come back when his job is finished there, like when you were in Beaumont?

Charles Gramlich said...

Moving can be an adventure or a pain. Sometimes it can be both. I like your priorities about where you're going to. Bookstores and writing connections first. Thumbs up! I hope everything goes smoothly.

~Keaghan~ said...

We'll miss you! (Translation: I'll miss you!) Keep in touch. :) Hope you don't mind getting emails from me now and then. ;)

~Keaghan~

Kimberly said...

Hey Jess,
My dh and I spent our first three married years together in Columbus, MS! I got my Master's Degree from another MSU while living there. The city has grown tremendously, but it is still a great place to live. I am sure you will do just great. Check Mississippi and MUW for writing groups, etc. There is also a great arts scene there.

Blessings on your next adventure!