Sunday, May 24, 2009

How Does My Garden Grow?

I wish I had a green thumb. I'd love to know all there is to know about gardening and blooming plants, pruning trees and bushes. I want to know but I don't want to take the time to educate myself. Our house looks deserted because all our shrubs are over-grown. We have a fantastic courtyard with so much potential, but we haven't done anything with it.

This is what it looked like a month or so ago. I love it when it blooms like this. This year our bridal wreath shrub really outdid itself. For that matter, so did our azaleas. And they stayed this way for quite awhile. I think it was because my husband did some serious pruning last year. QUESTION FOR YOU: IF THIS WAS YOUR COURTYARD, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT? Today it's colorless.

I've been re-potting some plants. I like to buy them half-dead at the store and see if I can save them. Dumb, huh? Sometimes I can't. We've planted some tomatoes, squash, and peppers. We've birthed several little tomatoes. What fun. I hope they make it . . .

No comments: