Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NaNoWriMo with Me


I'm excited about participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) again this year. We start November 1st and write like crazy until the 30Th. Last year I got 100 pages before I had to stop and think about Thanksgiving. I just sat down and started writing. No planning whatsoever. This year I have my entire novel planned out, chapter by chapter. My characters have names and I've done my research. I even have a plotting board so I can try to stay organized. If there's one thing I've learned it's that I'm not real good at cleaning up messy projects.

I enjoy browsing the NaNoWriMo discussion board. Reading how different writers approach their stories is interesting. I guess there's a thousand different ways to approach a novel. It's not too late to sign up to participate in NaNoWriMo. Determine how many words you need to write a day to complete a 50,000 word novel. If I write three pages during the early morning, then hit it again in the late evening for four more pages, I might be able to complete my NaNoWriMo novel this year. That’s my plan. We'll see what happens.

Join me. Sign up right here.





4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

oooo! I'm there with you! We can cheer each other on! Yippee!

Angie Kay Dilmore said...

I'm going to do NaNoWriMo too . . . next year.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

BOO! I am much too lazy and disorganized to try this. Sounds like you are ready and I will be your biggest cheerleader! Go Jess Go!

Mindy Blanchard said...

You are taking a VERY organized approach to NaNo. Good job. I'm flying by the seat of my pants. No idea whats going to happen. The problem is that I may not get to the end of the novel. But when I have it planned out to a T, my characters get pissed...they work against me...they hide. So I have to go with their whims, even if it seems like there whims means I never finish anything.

I'm with ya, Jess. Lets nano!