Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just like a Duck ...

...calm and unruffled on the surface but paddling like the devil underneath.

I read an interview on a blog today and got a great idea for an article. I zipped out a query letter but decided to do a little research before sending it.

I subscribe to the magazine I'm targeting and though I've read the most recent issue, I realized I never glanced at the March issue. I scrounged around and found it, and to my disappointment, the March issue had an article very similar to the one I want to write. Except, for one thing. The author took a very negative approach to the subject matter whereas I want to take a positive approach. I wonder if it's worth my while to pitch it? Should I refer to the article, compare my approach to hers? Point out how mine would differ? I'll see what my subconscious comes up with in the morning. :)

This evening I wrote five pages on Miranda's Mistake. I want to finish Chapter 9 tomorrow. I'm getting closer to my goal. I love watching the pages stack up. I'm always amazed at how the words flow if I'll just sit butt in chair and write. I suppose that really is the hard part.

1 comment:

Christa Allan said...

Maybe all that cleaning up is paying off in a less cluttered brain!