Saturday, February 24, 2007

More Than a Mouthful

I write for a couple of hours every day, even if I only get a couple of sentences. I put in that time. You do that every day, and inspiration will come along. I don't allow myself not to keep trying. It's not fun, but if you wait until you want to write, you'll never do it. ~ Dave Barry

The way a long work is completed is by daily tapping the first imaginative impulse. That's got to be so strong that it never dies in the course of the whole performance.
~Paul Horgan


We work in the dark--we do what we can--we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art. ~Henry James

Do not think of your faults; still less of others' faults; look for what is good and strong; and try to imitate it. Your faults will drop off, like dead leaves, when their time comes. ~John Ruskin

ImageChef.com - Create custom images
We have no need to dwell on the negative. ~ Susan Shaughnessy

No comments: